I strive for and believe in resiliency whether working with a child or an adult. Human beings have an innate desire to make order out of chaos, but often struggle to do this effectively. A goal I share with my clients is to help them work through challenging life events and come out stronger, wiser, healthier and more resilient.
Therapy isn’t one-size-fits-all! While I often use what is called a psychodynamic approach and adhere to an Adlerian theoretical style, I may use different treatment methods depending on what works best for you. I try to use humor and am a big believer in self-education and collaboration. When working with children, I use play therapy because play is the language of children and allows them to connect with difficult material.
I bring to my practice a lifetime of rich experiences, spanning several careers, three continents, and multiple organizational roles.
I have lived in Cuba, Kenya, Mexico, Poland and the United Kingdom in addition to several of our United States and spent 15 years practicing international law in New York and California.
While still an attorney, I worked with the Bureau of Jewish Education as a Board Member and Chair of the Committee on Special Needs and Psychological Services in order to champion disability awareness.I subsequently returned to school for a Master’s Degree in Psychology to more effectively assist individuals, children, and families who face challenges and frustrations.
I have spent over 20 years working with parents whose children have learning issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service, with honors: Georgetown University
- Masters Degree In Psychology, with honors: Phillips Graduate Institute
- Juris Doctorate, with honors: Fordham University School of Law (No longer practicing as an attorney.)
- Collaborative Law Training: Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association
- Divorce Mediation Training: Forrest Mosten, JD
- Family Mediation Training: Centinela Youth Services
Additional Activities & Memberships
- Created curriculum and taught at the Phillips Graduate Institute in their Child Therapy in a School Setting training program.
- Created and taught bi-lingual parenting programs for the Head Start learning centers in the San Fernando Valley
- Currently volunteering at Centinela Youth Services to mediate family disputes and in their Victim Restitution Program which diverts adolescents from the juvenile justice system.
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- San Fernando Valley Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association
- California Bar Association
Licenses, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC# 51554
- Certification from LA Collaborative Family Law Association
- Certification in Divorce Mediaton from Forrest Mosten, JD
- Advanced Training in Play Therapy
- Alpha Beta Chapter of Alpha Epsilon Lambda, Academic Honor Society